After starting as a reporter in the 1980s, I have spent the last 25 years working mainly for corporate clients and public-sector organisations, but with occasional work on newspapers as a freelance sub-editor.
Some of my most interesting projects have come through the agency Robert Taylor Communications. In 2014 these included:
- Editing of the report Leading MDG Action (for NORAD, the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation)
- Editing of the report Success Factors for Women’s and Children’s Health (for PMNCH, the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health)
- Editing of technical reports for the Joint Research Council of the European Commission
- Writing a speech for the CEO of the Technology Strategy Board
- Writing a speech for the President of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
If you would like to contact me about writing, speechwriting or editing commissions and consultancy, please use the contact form below or the one on the Contact page.
On these pages you will find posts on subjects that interest me and where I have some knowledge, either from personal experience or as a result of work. The main areas are:
- Women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health policy
- The Millennium Development Goals / Sustainable Development Goals
- Alcohol policy, health and drinking culture
- Books and authors
- Writing and editing advice.
Most of the posts will be unique to this site, but some may have appeared elsewhere first, such as on the Robert Taylor Communications (RTC) website. I will let you know when this is the case.
Posts on this blog are subject to copyright.